As a search engine optimization specialist on a multi-disciplinary product team, you’ll work alongside designers, developers, project managers, and writers to create and improve a variety of websites. Your job is to create an optimization strategy that’s implementable, effective, and testable.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Work with team members and clients to audit, report, and implement comprehensive on-site SEO plans and tactics
- Be comfortable working on live websites as well as new builds
- Take your work more seriously than yourself
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, noting where work overlaps across the team and when you need to bring folks together
- Ability to gather and interpret data in meaningful, relatable, and tangible ways
- Be a proactive, self-starter who pushes what’s possible
- Participate in product quality assurance and testing
- Understand that feedback is part of every project
- Flexibility to pivot between projects while staying organized
- Communicate ideas clearly to internal and external team members
- Stay on top of (and in some cases, ahead of) trends and industry standards
- Enjoy logging into work every day
The person chosen for this position will:
- Audit, diagnose, and fix existing products for crawlability, indexability, optimization, etc.
- Participate in usability testing to increase conversion rates and overall user experience
- Contribute to initial website strategy with insights from competitor research and other tools to establish overall project requirements and direction
- Create and format ongoing reporting on behalf of clients
- Provide thoughtful and tangible recommendations to clients in easy-to-understand terms
- Create and implement a strategic analytics tracking plans to meet project needs
- Coordinate with developers to create an SEO tag/script strategy
- Orchestrate launch and migration SEO best practices
All applicants are required to have:
- At least 3-5 years of combined applicable education and experience
- Demonstrated desire to learn
- Experience working in/with content management systems, especially WordPress
- Experience working with SEO platforms such as Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, etc.
- Basic HTML knowledge is a bonus
Firefli is a marketing agency built on a relationship-focused culture and a proven track record, and was recognized as one of the “2021 Best Places to Work in Virginia” by Virginia Business Magazine and Best Companies Group, ranking in the top 20 for small employers. Beyond our local award, Firefli has been recognized alongside CNN, Hubspot and Time Warner Cable by The Webby Awards, the leading international awards honoring excellence on the Internet.