Firefli is currently seeking a diversely qualified Strategic Partnership Manager to assist in new business development.
The Strategic Partnership Manager (SPM) will be responsible for revenue growth by generating sales with new customers as well as discovering and developing opportunities with potential partners. In addition, the SPM will be expected to grow existing accounts using cross-selling opportunities when possible.
Other goals will include being a part of a larger team while being a liaison between the client and creative teams. This individual will research, identify, and nurture leads for new business by creating a strong sales pipeline of potential clients and partnerships. The successful SPM will be highly skilled at building lasting relationships and securing contracts.
We are accepting applications through Friday, Sept. 17.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Generate sales through new business development and existing account opportunities
- Build real and meaningful relationships
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Be a good listener
- Have exceptional work ethic who loves challenges
- Be able to anticipate obstacles and have a sense of urgency
- Have attention to detail and organizational skills
- Be a creative problem solver
- Have the mindset of a researcher to uncover opportunities (RFPs, upsells, etc.)
- Have high emotional intelligence
- Have an understanding of the advertising and marketing industry and current trends
- Have solid problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Understand how to successfully cultivate warm leads using social media (i.e., LinkedIn)
- Be willing to travel when necessary (client meetings, conferences, etc.)
What will this role be like:
You’ll build and manage day-to-day relationships with clients and partners across a variety of industries and opportunities. You’ll be seen as a voice of authority in areas of various media, including brand development, web design and development, content marketing, social media management, and other digital services. You’ll operate with a lot of independence, and you’ll have the full support of a seasoned, respected team behind you. Someone in this role will have proven experience with the full sales cycle, from prospecting all the way through close.
The ideal SPM is a people-person who easily builds relationships (both online and off), communicates clearly, and loves helping others. You are a natural account manager who can handle multiple clients simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have the ability to see the big picture, how online and offline channels work together, and how right platform and content mix can culminate into real solutions for our clients.
Functionally, this person must have a deep understanding of how to plan, budget, negotiate, and envision a variety of solutions using various methodologies and approaches. This person is someone who establishes trust and builds rapport with clients and agency partners. Staying knowledgeable about current media channels and advertising options is a must.
The person chosen for this position will:
- Understand client’s challenges and relay your findings to your internal team
- Have exceptional analytical, data interpretation, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Work collaboratively with Leadership Team, Senior Strategists and other team members
- Assume a prominent role in client pitches, presentations, and client meetings
- Be able to create a compelling story from data and other insights
- Employ networking techniques to attract new clients (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.)
- Prospect, captivate and create new relationships with clients
- Drive sales to closure in a new business environment
- Deliver the highest level of customer service to our clients
- Collaborate with colleagues on creative campaigns or other projects according to the standards
- discussed with clients
- Remain in close, re-occurring communication with clients to comprehend their needs and
- Negotiate budgets and deadlines and make detailed presentations justifying costs and schedules
- Develop positive relationships internally and externally to achieve necessary goals
- Collaborate with colleagues to design creative campaigns or other projects
- Utilize Sales CRM tools to track, update, and act on all pertinent account information and sales progress
- Forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly quota goals
- Foster relationships with current customers to maximize renewal business
- Stay informed on marketing trends, industry trends, digital trends & tools
- Nurture the client relationship through proactively building relationships; maintaining day-to-day
- contact; documenting client communications; and planning and leading client meetings and
- Keep current on clients’ products, services, plans, competitors, and target markets
- Address any issues and prioritize delays in projects, as well as clients’ feedback
- Four-year degree in business, advertising, marketing, communication, or a related field
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience
- 3+ years account management experience, preferably with a creative agency
- Experience in marketing and digital strategies (and a plus if also web development)
- Experience managing team resources and coordinating multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of agency processes, including budgeting, scheduling, and driving projects through
- multiple departments
- Good understanding of digital marketing and advertising methods and techniques
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques–including digital platforms
Firefli is a marketing agency built on a relationship-focused culture and a proven track record and was recognized as one of the “2021 Best Places to Work in Virginia” by Virginia Business Magazine and Best Companies Group, ranking in the top 20 for small employers. Beyond our local award, Firefli has been recognized alongside CNN, Hubspot and Time Warner Cable by The Webby Awards, the leading international awards honoring excellence on the Internet.