As a full-stack maintenance developer on a multi-disciplinary product team, you’ll work alongside designers, project managers, and writers to maintain and upgrade a variety of websites. Your job is to engineer code that’s efficient, scalable, and tested.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Work with team members and (occasionally) clients to review, estimate, and implement maintenance requests across a variety of websites
- Be comfortable regularly extending live projects vs. creating new builds
- Take your work more seriously than yourself
- Be familiar with committing to and working in shared code repositories (Git)
- Juggle multiple requests in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, noting where work overlaps across the team and when you need to bring folks together
- Participate in product quality assurance and testing
- Understand that feedback is part of every project
- Communicate ideas clearly to internal and external team members
- Be able to debug like pest control
- Enjoy logging into work every day
The person chosen for this position will:
- Collaborate with other Firefli team members and clients to identify maintenance requirements and workflows
- Champion ongoing cumulative documentation of website components/peculiarities
- Create forward-thinking maintenance strategies for known coming-soon updates, such as new WordPress versions, etc.
- Edit assets as needed during testing in Photoshop or Sketch (cropping, resizing, optimizing)
- Support team during initial project builds as needed and as capacity allows
- Actively participate in both internal and external QA to identify and correct bugs and other issues
- Complete routine and requested maintenance on websites that includes, but is not limited to, updating the codebase, plugins, and WordPress
- Deploy code across a variety of hosting platforms, including WP Engine and Pantheon
All applicants are required to have:
- At least 3-5 years of combined applicable education and experience
- Demonstrated desire to learn
- Full-stack web development experience, including:
- PHP 7+
- Modern CSS practices
- Experience working in/with content management systems, especially WordPress
- (BONUS): experience in front-end development stacks such as Gulp and Webpack
Firefli is a strategy agency built on a relationship-focused culture and a proven track record.
Through thoughtful, customized solutions, we challenge our clients to see “what’s possible,” and then collaborate with them to deliver it. We dedicate ourselves to a higher standard through purposeful employee growth, strategic client partnerships, and a bold commitment to enhancing our expertise.
Though we work with clients on a national level, we love supporting companies of all shapes and sizes by turning digital vision into reality.
Firefli most recently was recognized as one of the “2021 Best Places to Work in Virginia” by Virginia Business Magazine and Best Companies Group, ranking in the top 20 for small employers. Beyond our local award, Firefli has been recognized alongside CNN, Hubspot and Time Warner Cable by The Webby Awards, the leading international awards honoring excellence on the Internet.